Wednesday 23 January 2013

my hectic past few months!

Hey! I have been so busy at my new job recently that I have not had time to even consider blogging!

I became a registered mental health nurse in October 2012 and stated working on an acute assessment unit in Hull, which means we have patients brought in by the police and our Crisis team, who may be drunk, under the influence of drugs, and suffering from psychosis or any other acute mental illness. Many may feel suicidal and it can be a worry having them on the unit, as they are considered quite risky.

It has been ever so interesting and I love spending time with my patients, talking to them and trying to work out with them a pattern of trigger events in their lives, or to identify ways in which they can go back to living at home with their families.

We often get patients who are detained under the Mental Health Act or "sectioned" and this can be a real challenge, as they often want to leave and I have to tell them why they can't.

Anyway, I have loved the past few months and am looking forward to going to Barcelona this weekend to watch FC Barcelona play at Camp Nou stadium!

My boyfriend and I are also going to Rome for 5 days in February which I am SO EXCITED for as I have always wanted to go and see the Colosseum and all the other amazing historical architecture.

I have also moved into a house with my boyfriend! I am moving my gorgeous cats in next week which I can't wait for as I have missed them so much whilst we have been getting the house all ready.

I am now going to try and start packing for Barcelona! I will post lots of photos when we return :)

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment