Saturday 18 June 2011

1900 Future Predicting Postcards & a 1932 sat nav!

Hey everyone!I have not posted for a while because I have been busy doing some training for a new job I just got :)

I was having a look around for blog inspiration when I came across these pretty funny postcards of the view of people in 1900 of what technology would be like in the year 2000. Take a look!


This one portrays TV and radio,which we obviously have :)

We definitely have water motorbikes and water skis, without the balloons though!

A house moving by train.



We already have a commercial Jetpack, sold for $75,000!


Personal airships.


Combined ship and railway locomotive. Maybe this is a bit extreme , but we do have amphibious vehicles.


Police x-ray surveillance. We have surveillance cameras everywhere.

Weather control machines. This might be more the prediction of 2100, but it has already been shown possible to some degree by the Russians and Chinese. Scary.


Summer holidays at the North Pole. Possible if you have a lot of money to spare.


Moving pavements. We have them primarily in airports!


Roofed cities.


Undersea tourist boats. We definitely have tourist submarines if you have enough money.

I also thought I would include this amazing invention from 1932, an early GPS system! Take a look, I had no idea these existed back then!


A tom-tom! Works using rolling key map. The map passes the screen in a tempo that depends on the speed of the car.

What do you all think? xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment